Mike,

>Is there a way to print bar codes from an O-spec?

No, assuming you are talking about printing on an IPDS printer like you'd use
with an external PRTF and the DDS barcode support.

If using a thermal or other type of barcode capable printer, there may be escape
sequences you can place in the output specs.  But these would be model specific,
and you'd have to refer to the printer docs.

If you go this route, search the archives for info on the "ASCII transparency"
command and remember to set RPLUNPRT(*NO) on the spool file.

>If the answer is "no", are there any tips on how to convert O-specs to a
>print file?

I don't have experience with it, but Gumbo's reporter design tool, unlike RLU,
will work with either O-specs or DDS.  And includes a utility to convert O specs
to DDS.  I think they may have a 30-day trial.

One of the magazines (MC?) also printed a utility several years ago which
attempted this conversion, but I remember the article listed some caveats which
were not completely handled.  Still, it would be a good starting point compared
to a fully manual conversion.

Searching the midrange archives will probably yield a link to the utility.

Doug