  • Subject: Re: Variable length MODS
  • From: tomh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 10:05:38 -0500

I was helping my son with a VisualBasic program recently, and we came across the DIM/REDIM statements which are used to set the upper limits of an array (not new to me, but they are to him).  Using the REDIM I could set the upper limit to a variable value in much the same way that we handle the MODS and pointers combo.  The difference is that with VBs REDIM I can't exceed the bounds specified in the variable, and don't need to set some arbitrary and ridiculously large DIM(value).

Jon.Paris@hal.it
Sent by: owner-rpg400-l@midrange.com

04/14/01 12:24 PM
Please respond to RPG400-L