  • Subject: RE: Antwort: Re: RPGIV - Pointer Parameter API QwpzHostPrintTransform
  • From: "Richard Jackson" <richardjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:20:57 -0600

I wonder if you should use an AS/400 pointer like you would use a pointer in
C on a Unix or Intel platform.  I would think that an AS/400 pointer is a
little more "heavy weight" than a C pointer in those environments - what
with authority checking and domain checking and range checking and so forth
... comments from those in the know?

Making the question a little more precise -- If I write an app in C that
uses a pointer-based character variable to scan a long string and run it on
an Intel box then run it on an AS/400, will the number of instructions
executed be comparable?

Richard Jackson
(speaking only for myself)