  • Subject: RE: api documentation was RE: SYSTEM prototype?
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:14:19 -0800

I really wasn't commenting on the quality of apis, only their documentation.
I haven't found much use for the CEE apis since a large part of what they do
exists in RPG, but they are easy to use in the sense that you can prototype
one and get it going in about 5 minutes because their documentation provides
the crucial information on parameter data types in different languages.

I agree that every api description doesn't need detailed how to instructions
or code samples, and have suggested that another manual might be the best
place for that sort of thing.

They are only callable programs (more or less) not an intelligence test.