  • Subject: RE: QzhbCGIParse API.
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:39:44 -0600

That's exactly what I am doing, but it doesn't seem to work.  Have you done
this or are you quoting the manuals?  the only reason I ask is anyone I've
talked to who has tried it has given up.

There are other ways to do it, but supposedly this should remove a step.

What do I see in the target buffer?  Some garbage, then the field name
preceded by FORM_ then the value, this repeated for each form field.

The manuals state that using -POST is like using -init then -form.  Well, I
couldn't even get -form to work.  I did get -init to work which returns a
string that I can use to put to the envirnoment variable with QtmhPutEnv.
Then I can use -value field to retrieve the data.  Very simple.  But, -form
doesn't seem to work, which means -POST doesn't work.

Here's what the manual says -form will do.

"Parses QUERY_STRING as form request. The field names will be set as
environment variables with the prefix FORM_. Field values are the contents
of the variables."

So, does this mean I can use QzhbCGIParse with -init FORM_field to retrieve
the values, or does it mean I should use QtmhGetEnv, retrieving environment
variables named FORM_field?

That's why I asked IBM, because I figure they wrote it, they should know if
Im simply interpreting the docs wrong (not hard to do... just have a look at
this one) or if it doesn't work as advertised.  Shouldn't be a very tought
question to answer.

Brad