     Hmmm, what about 132 column display? May cause squinting and
     crossed eyes, but otherwise gives you the extra room you need.

     eric.delong@pmsi-services.com

Subject: Move subfile left and right?
Author:  <RPG400-L@midrange.com> at INET_WACO
Date:    8/24/00 4:21 PM

Hi all!

Sorry if this is OT, but as the program is written in RPG, I figured the
question would fit here . . .

I have a subfile with a selection field, 6 signed numeric fields(11,2), as well
as a description field (30 char, and *all* 30 characters are being used.

My problem is to fit the whole record on one line of a 80 column screen. (132
width is next to impossible to read on CA, and the users *insist* that all the
fields be on 1 line). I can't create a splf and just display that, as the users
need to make additional selections on the sfl rec.

Is there short way to define the fields beyond 80 char, and let the subfile
behave like query or dspsplf?
I can only think of using 2 subfiles, but that seems a bit cumbersome.

Any "quick and dirty" solutions would be welcome :-)

TIA
Jaco Jonker.