  • Subject: Re: Hex Values
  • From: Anton Gombkötö <Gombkoetoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 08:01:15 +0200

At 14:46 10.08.00 -0400, you wrote:
>I have to put a ' in a command called by an RPG program.  The only way I can
>think to do it is to make a constant and use the hex value for the '.  Does
>anyone have a list of hex values for the AS/400, or have another idea?  I
>have tried using ", but that does not work.....

But it does.

EVAL TEXT = 'ABC'       leads to ABC in TEXT, as we know.

EVAL TEXT = '''ABC'''   leads to 'ABC' in TEXT (there are three ' at the
beginning and the end. Two make up one in the final string. The leading one
for enclosing trings has to stay.)

EVAL TEXT = 'A''BC'     leads to A'BC in TEXT. Same rule as above, two make
up one.

Try it this way again, it works, we use it every day.

For Hex values, you simply enter the characters in a source member and
DSPPFM it. (Not STRSEU's option 5!) Then you press F10 and F11 and see the
hex representation underneath every character.

0.02 Euro

Anton Gombkötö