keshava narasimha wrote:

> 1. Is it possible to pass File  as a parameter in an RPG Program??

If you use embedded SQL and PREPARE you can come pretty close to a dynamic
file declaration/open.  What business problem are you trying to solve?  I
find that the list can help me more when I post a specific problem.

> 2. Is there any pre-requisite for  running the debugger ??

Which debugger?
STRISDB should work on OPM programs (CL, RPG) without any further
considerations.  When you issue the STRISDB command, you are moved into
debug mode AND the program starts to execute (depending on your INITPGM()
parameter).  STRISDB will not work on ILE programs (CLLE, RPGLE.)  You don't
need to do anything special to leave debug mode.

STRDBG works on both OPM and ILE programs.  For OPM programs, it has two
"modes" - classic mode where you start debug, you set the breakpoints and
you call the program.  When done, ENDDBG  to leave debug mode. The other
mode is what I like to think of as "enhanced."  It works for OPM and ILE
programs.  For OPM programs, you must compile them with the OPTION(*SRCDBG)
parameter.  For ILE programs, you must compile them with DBGVIEW(*SOURCE or
*LIST).  To use it, STRDBG to enter debug mode.  For OPM programs, specify
OPMSRC(*YES).  You'll get a source listing where you can set your
breakpoints.  When you're all done with your breakpoints, press F3 to get
back to a command line so you can call your program.  When it executes,
you'll be able to see the source and add/remove breakpoints at will.  When
done debugging, ENDDBG to leave debug mode.

Buck Calabro
Aptis; Albany, NY