<apologies>I know this message should be on the MIDRANGE list as it is not RPG
related but the tread started here and I currently am not subscribing to the
other list. Please contact me offline if u know the answer.
We are connected via TCPIP over a NOVELL LAN using Client Access on Win95 and
I have not yet been able to work out how to config a 5292-02 device on this
setup.  We no longer have twinax controllers or at least no cables in the
building to run off same.  (my previous post re 5252 was a brain blot
mistake).

My point is that GDDM is as useful as the proverbial TOAB.

Following is an excerpt from the manual

>From the AS400 GDDM reference.

1.1 Overview of OS/400 Graphics
Operating System/400* (OS/400*) Graphics includes both Graphical Data
Display Manager (GDDM*) and Presentation Graphics routines.  GDDM is a
means of displaying, printing, or plotting pictures.  Presentation
Graphics routines are a means of displaying, printing, or plotting
business charts.

You can write and run OS/400 Graphics application programs using any model
of the AS/400* system (it must have the OS/400 program installed).

Although you can write and compile the programs on any work station that
has been described to the system, only the following devices can be used
to display graphics:

   IBM* personal computer with work station function (WSF)
   IBM personal computer with work station emulation (WSE)
   IBM Personal System/55 with DBCS 5250 graphic emulation
   5292 Model 2
   IBM personal computer with 5250 emulation

In this book the term "graphics work station" means one of these devices.

These plotters can be attached to graphics work stations:

   IBM 6180 Plotter
   IBM 6182 Plotter
   IBM 6184 Plotter
   IBM 6185 Plotter
   IBM 6186-1 Plotter
   IBM 6186-2 Plotter
   IBM 7371 Plotter
   IBM 7372 Plotter

Graphics can be printed on these SNA character string (SCS) devices:

   IBM 4214 Printer
   IBM 4234-2 Printer
   IBM 5224 Printer
   IBM 5225 Printer

You can also use any intelligent printer data stream* (IPDS*) device that
supports graphics, including:

   IBM 3812 Printer
   IBM 3816 Printer
   IBM 4028 Printer
   IBM 4224 Printer

It is also possible to send a graphics data format (GDF) file (the
internal data GDDM interprets to draw the picture) to other systems.  The
device receiving the graphics data must have the software necessary to
interpret the data.