  • Subject: Re: ILE RPG suggestions
  • From: "Eric N. Wilson" <doulos1@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 16:28:51 -0700

I also agree with the suggestion that SQL precompiler be improved.

For example why can't we bind a cursor to the call of a stored procedure. I
do not want to have to program to the CLI (way too painful)

And why can we not declare an array of host variables and return them to the
caller as a recordset like you can in C. I DO NOT want to create temp tables
and return a cursor to them. (too much overhead)

If the above two things were not possible in other languages on the AS/400
then I would not complain so much. I just want there to be parity between
language implementations on the AS/400. Which has gotten LOADS better since
V3R2. Hans and folks I really appreciate all the work you are doing.

Thanks
Eric

Eric N. Wilson
President