Personally I wouldn't put much stock in the multi-band/multi-antenna
stuff that does various multiple of g.  IMO it is a stop-gap on the way
to n gear and are only useful if you have real signal strength issues.

I was running g but my router died.  As I wanted Gb for my wired boxes I
went with the Netgear WNR854T pre-N gigabit edition:
http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/RangeMaxNEXTWirelessR
outersandGateways/WNR854T.aspx.  I'm using mine for g as my laptop and
my wife's PC only do g speeds and I'm a little too cheap to buy pre-N
adapters at the moment.  The router cost a bit more but let me eliminate
an outboard Gb switch I was using.

I wouldn't do off brand for pre-N as I don't have high confidence in
firmware updates, but if you go g then probably just about anything will
do.

WPA-PSK is pretty much what all home wireless networks should be using.
Just pick a decent-length, non-trivial pass phrase.

And as you know all of this gear is designed to be throwaways.  Count on
it lasting about 3 weeks past the warranty expiration.