Re: VOIP

fixed

<snip>
relocated to the UK for an extended contract, but didn't want to have to
pay huge amounts of money for international phone service when he called
home ... so he got Vonage ... folks can call him, and he can call them,
without paying a lot of money.
</snip>

My partner and I saved about $400.00/month US by getting a Vonage account
with a local phone number.  We took the Vonage equipment to Grand Cayman
and now all calls to/from Cayman are "local" calls.  Avoids all of the
international taxes as well.  The only issue we have is the internet
service between the Caribbean is a bit iffy so the digital signal tends to
get some drop outs and sometimes the quality is not quite what we would
like, but for $4800/yr, I'll put up with it......

Jim Oberholtzer