Re: CA won't allow XP to turn off PC

fixed

James,

You don't -have- to map a drive. You can go to IBM's CA website and download the latest Service Pack. Go here:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/access/

Service Packs is one of the options on the left panel. Also, the problem you are experiencing -was- a consistent problem with V3R2 and earlier.

Bill

James R. Newman, CDP wrote:

I have a 9406-600 running V5R2 connected to my home network through a Linksys router.  I
recently reformatted my Dell 1.4 ghz running WXP pro.  Immediately after I reinstalled CA
3.2 the machine wouldn't cut off using "Start - Turn Off Computer - Turn Off".
While it looks like Windows ends, the machine doesn't power down.  I can hold the power
button down for 5 seconds and the machine will power off.  It did this also before the
reformat and I couldn't figure out what had changed about the machine.

I suppose the next step is map a drive on the 400 and install a later version
of CA from the 400, right?  Anyone run across something like this before?  TIA.

James R. Newman, CDP