What I just did (I've been playing with this almost all day) was to open up
excel & then I went to || Data  ||  Get External Data  || Import Text File
|| & imported the data (I had created a txt flat file first) that way.  Step
3 of 3 of the wizard let me define the "type" of column each one is & I
changed those columns that had numbers & I wanted to retain the leading zero
from General to Text & the leading zeros were there.  No too much more work
but it sure wasn't intuitive.

I'm running Office 2000 so try it.

Thanks - Dennis.

Dennis Munro

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they
go flying by."
Dilbert's Words Of Wisdom

Badger Mining Corporation
www.badgerminingcorp.com