Does anybody know anything about this file, "systemie.exe"? The CEO has it on his home W2K PC in the WINNT\system32 directory. I do not find it on any W2K machine here in our office, nor on any XP machines. What

Hi to the list.

Hi Jeff,

New to the list. I spent part of the day researching and cleaning out this file and another today. It looks like a keystroke logger that sends information to the web. If you need specifics on removing it, or if these directions don't make sense to you, you can contact me off list.

But, I'd like one thing if you can get me a bit of information from it when you remove it. I'd like to know which I.P. it's contacting from your system. If you can do a netstat -a or run the free program TDIMON from Sysinternals, and let me know what that I.P. is, I'd appreciate it.

As for removing it:

There is at least one entry for SYSIE.DLL in the registry that needs to be removed.
There is at least one entry for SYSTEMIE.EXE in the registry that needs to be removed. You should be able search for them and delete them.

That will stop it from reloading on reboot. Then, reboot and delete the following files.

In the system32 folder, you can find and delete 4 files:

SYSIE.DLL
SYSTEMIE.DLL
SYSTEMIE.DAT
SYSTEMIE.EXE