I've asked about these in the Microsoft newsgroups but nobody there seems to
have the faintest ideas so I thought I would try here.

History:

Three W2k Professional PCs in a WinNT4 domain and users setup as roaming
users.

Prime user of each W2k PC is setup on that PC as a local user and that
user is a member of the local Administrators.

WinNT4 has proxy software to allow all PCs internet access via a dial-up
connection.

Server starts to have tape backup problems

Server finally crashes (actually video card dies and when I inherited it
there was no way to install new video and drivers)

Install new W2k3 server with active directory and create users same as
before except no longer roaming users.

Copy all user's files from WinNT4 server via their network shares.

Dial-up connect has ICS and firewall enabled.

Problems:

1) Even though configuration is same in AD as was in WinNT4 users don't
seem to be local administrators. Software that requires "Power User"
authority reports that they don't have it. Example, Norton Antivirus
won't update via LiveUpdate unless logged into the local PC
Administrator account instead of the user's domain account.

2) W2k PCs that had folders or printers shared no longer have them
shared. When you try to set up the share there is no option or tab for
sharing.

3) When they go into Outlook Express they are asked EVERY time if they
want it to be their default e-mail client...

4) When most users try to access the internet (via IE or OE) they often
get a connection error because the modem hasn't completed the
connection. If they repeatedly try until the modem has connected then
they can connect and work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Roger Vicker