I have more information now on the issue, but I am no closer to a
resolution.

I set up the following environment variables:

QIBM_MULTI_THREADED = 'Y'

PASE_STDIO_ISATTY = 'N'

Then I ran these two commands:

QSH CMD('node -v')

Command ended normally with exit status 0.

QSH CMD('npm -v')

Command ended normally with exit status 133.

Here were the results:

v12.18.4

Press ENTER to end terminal session.

qsh: 001-0078 Process ended by signal 5.

Press ENTER to end terminal session.

When I run the same two "-v" checks inside of QP2TERM, they return the same
success/failure, respectively.

I researched the signal number shown above on this page:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/how-determine-meaning-qshell-exit-status-o
r-signal

When the exit status is greater than 128, the command ended by a signal. To
determine the signal number, you would take the exit status received and
subtract 128. For instance, a typical exit status received is 133. If 128 is
subtracted, a signal number of 5 is received. In order to determine the
meaning of the signal, you can refer to the sys/signal.h header file on the
IBM i server. To display the header file, you can execute the WRKMBRPDM
FILE(QSYSINC/SYS) MBR(SIGNAL) command and enter Option 5 to display the
file. Scrolling down through the file, you will find several #define
statements which define a token with a value. In this case, the value is the
numerical signal and the token is the symbolic signal name. A more
descriptive definition of the signal is included to the right between the /*
and */ comment indicators. If you refer back to the exit status of 133, it
was determined that the signal for this exit status is 5. Using the
sys/signal.h header file, it can be determined that signal 5 translates to a
SIGSEGV signal which equates to an invalid memory reference. This
information can then be used in searches to find a matching issue or
supplied to Development to assist in problem determination.

Okay, so now I know that when I try to do anything with NPM it is creating
an invalid memory reference error.

Anyone ever had this happen or seen this? It is becoming an obstacle to
doing things on our Dev LPAR.

Thanks,

Steve