Our business partner configured our *new* rack (we've been running live on
it for about a month-and-a-half) with the intention of much other
equipment being installed. We currently have the following installed in
the rack:

-Our 520-8304-E4A Power System running OS/400 (or i5/OS or IBM i depending
on what you're reading) V5R4;

-A PC built by our PC Support section to be the "Console" PC;

-The switch used to handle traffic between the POWER system and the IBM
x3550 server (IBM i provides the storage for it);

-Our UPS and extended battery backup module;

-Some of our Cybernetics disk-to-disk-to-tape equipment.

IBM hasn't had to make an appearance yet. So they may not realize we've
got all this in the rack. However from the way our business partner's
tech described it, he installs a lot of non-IBM equipment in the IBM

Michael Quigley
Computer Services
The Way International