~~~last year and a half. I am getting well over 100 a day,
~~~sometimes twice that
~~~much and SpamBayes is catching just about EVERYTHING - unreal.
~~~
Will you guys let us know if you see a comparable server version.
Cloudmark was a bit pricey for the server.
The better half's server at company uses "MessageLabs SkyScan" and I am sure
that it is pricey. Looks like a best of breed tier.
A quote from them:
"MessageLabs Stops More Spam in July Than in All of 2002; Spam Accounts For
Half Of Global Corporate Email..."

I have really appreciated Cloudmark SpamNet in outlook.
For a large company that obviously saves big bucks at the server level.

I have enjoyed the SpamBayes thread and now loading it on one machine for a
test spin.

Cloudmark causes outlook to leave processes hung open I think. I experienced
this on several machines.
And I have issues with multiple instances and missing a few spams here and
there when it is not actively scanning for some reason.
But on the better side it has blocked 4000 spams in about 2-3 months and is
free and has the best update plan I can imagine, it lets users flag spam at
the mother server and you get the benefit of the masses. I rarely have to
think about blocking new spam.
Although I don't really care for it going out to another server for info all
the time.

Also, I think many of us have a company email and a private one. This is my
private one.
But when using my company email, I always thought it was appropriate to
publish who I was visiting another company via web or via email, so the
endless distribution of my factual identity, email, name, phone begins and
is a double edge sword.

Email2 will be thought of soon I hope, a whole knew way of doing this.

-Mark in Charleston