RE: Creative system names....

fixed

The department I'm in used to be called the Product Integration Group.
The initials instantly led to our NT domain being pigpen, and all the
workstations having suitably porcine names.  I'm writing this on swill.

When we got a Solaris machine, I named it lem (the alternative,
tarkovsky, I thought would be harder for people to spell).

Our main iSeries partition, however, remains the old corporate standard
(and IBM-convention-inspired) GBMKILNR.

Cheers,

Martin.

--
Martin McCallion
Senior Technical Consultant
Work:  martin.mccallion@misys.com
Home: martin.mccallion@ukonline.co.uk
Misys International Banking Systems
1 St George's Road, London, SW19 4DR, UK
T +44 (0)20 8486 1951
F +44 (0) 20 8947 3373
www.misys.com
This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the  intended named
recipient of this email then you should not  copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. You should
contact Misys International Banking Systems as shown below so that we
can take appropriate action at no cost to yourself.
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd,1 St
George's Road, London, SW19 4DR, UK. Email: ibs.postmaster@misys.com.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8879 1188 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8947 3373
Misys International Banking Systems Ltd is
registered in England and Wales under company no. 971479