This one day must be some kind of orientation seminar.
It is only one day because Microsoft giving it to all employees for free.
If they were charging people by the hour to learn this stuff, it would be a 6
month course.

To: "'E Com Sec postings'" <e-com-sec@yahoogroups.com>
From: David Alexander <david.alexander@bookham.com>
e-com-sec-owner@yahoogroups.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:13:15 -0000
Subject: [e-com-sec] MS staff to get security training

>*MICROSOFT GIVES THE "BOOT" TO 20,000 DEVELOPERS
>Microsoft is sending all 20,000 of its Windows developers to a one-day
>security boot camp soon, in the hope that the compulsory training will
>prompt its coders to pay closer attention to security issues, according to
>a published report. No other details of the program were immediately
>available. The employee initiative follows a year of embarrassing attacks
>on vulnerable Microsoft products, including IIS Web server holes that
>helped launch the successful spread of the Code Red and Nimda worms.

Anybody who is on this list care to say they were competent after 1 day of
training ?

I've been at it for 10 years and reckon I'm capable, but I still don't think
I know enough.

Just watch MS turn round afterwards and say 'this is now a non-issue, our
people know what they're doing'

Also, watch out when your boss asks why, if MS can train their people in 1
day, we can't do the same for ours - and why do you need this 10 days this
year...will you be 10 times as good ?

David Alexander M.INSTIS
Global Client-Server, Communications
& Infrastructure Director

Bookham Technology plc

DDI:     01235 837823
Mobile: 0779 988 1284
David.Alexander@Bookham.com

This e-mail is intended for the person it is addressed to only. The
information contained in it may be confidential and/or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must
not make any use of this information, or copy or show it to any
person. Please contact us immediately to tell us that you have
received this e-mail, and return the original to us. Any use,
forwarding, printing or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.

No part of this message can be considered a request for goods or
services.
Pinpoint the right security solution for your company - FREE
Guide from industry leader VeriSign gives you all the facts.
</FONT><A
HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/pCuuSA/WdiDAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM";><B>Click
Here!</B></A>

Why not recommend E-Com-Sec to others? It is easy to join and membership is
free. Simply send an email to :

E-Com-Sec-Subscribe@egroups.com

Or for more information contact the Chairman (David Spinks) at
david.spinks@eds.com