These laws apply to their customers (the whole world) not to Microsoft of
course.

http://log.bitpipe.com/log/log?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%2Ftechnet%2Ftr

eeview%2Fdefault.asp%3Furl%3D%2Ftechnet%2Fcolumns%2Fsecurity%2F10imlaws.asp&o=

912809075_304&r=1004651354_439&s=tr&sid=32815874&uid=4706915085648304274&x=450

376507

As I read through the detail behind this security guidance, I could not help
indulge in some Microsoft bashing.

Law # 1 about not running programs on your computer from an untrusted source
& I am thinking that for most of us that source is Microsoft.

Law # 2 about letting someone else alter the OS of your computer ... who do
we know to trust to do this?  Every vendor with software to sell us when it
is to a Microsoft operating system.

Law # 3 if a bad buy has unrestricted access to your computer, its not your
computer anymore.  Tell me again about this NET thing that will look after MY
DATA and let me have access only for a price.

Well there's some good advice here ... you have to read it for yourself, but
I think it pretty much is more of Microsoft PR taking attention away from
their philosophy of developing seriously flawed products from a security
perspective then using PR instead of re-engineering to prevent this problem
in future versions.

The really nice part of all this is IBM managing to slip their ad in front.
Do they have an inside agent at Tech Republic who wangled this for them?