<I'm going to cross-post this to iSN-Citizens, if anybody wants to comment
on this stuff.>

"Buy' nqop (Klingon for that's great news. Literal translation=the plates
are full)"...  (I'm NOT a trekkie, BTW, but this phrase looks like a
keeper...;-)

But the exact quote is (in bullet points)

"* zSeries mainframes (64 bit kernel); -- iSeries integrated servers for
small and medium business
 * (32 bit kernel); -- pSeries UNIX servers (32 bit kernel); and -- xSeries
Intel-based server (32 and 64 bit kernel)."

That borders on libelous...;-)  <-- Just KIDDING...!

Point #1:

This is one reason, of many, why I firmly believe that the iNation can do a
BETTER JOB of PR than IBM does...  And yet another reason is that ***if
customers of the iSeries contact reporters, that is a story, in and of
itself...***

Chuck and I started an effort along these lines, earlier this year
(http://iaiccore.manilasites.com/).  The website never took off, but there
was a flurry of private e-mails between about a half-dozen guys and myself,
for a while...

In one of the weirdest "flukes of nature" I've ever seen (and I've seen a
few), the iNation pops up right in the middle of all this...!  I guess a lot
of issues caused us to dissolve, shortly after that...  By another fluke o'
nature, the vast majority of these guys ended up on the iFreedom Council...
Go figure...  I guess I was (and am) too unpredictable to make the cut.. I
dunno.

Point #2:

If you recall, back when each Division had to come up with a slogan for
their particular *Series, the iSeries slogan was "integration and
innovation"...  I wrote IBM, at the time, that Mr. Jarosh evidently derived
a brokered solution to that problem...  The slogan was TOO LONG.  And I
added that integration is one facet of the iSeries innovation, so it's
redundant anyway...!

But integration seems to be what has been empasized throughout the branding
campaign...  Along with the "mid-sized".  Now, I know of a Fortune-50
company, here in town ($20B - $30B or more), that runs on mutliple 400s.  So
this is another thing that doesn't add up, IMV...

...Unless IBM wants to de-emphasize the iSeries, because it's just TOO
daggone good...  Given that you have 4 equal Divisions in the Server Group,
that actually /would/ make a lot of sense...  This leads back to Point #1...