On Friday 24 August 2001 18:46, Chris Rehm wrote:
> I'd like to take another look at AS/400 timeshare sites. Although I am
> now running Linux and would prefer a site that supports that, I'd be
> interested in any AS/400 (iSeries) sites that will rent me time to work
> and play on their system.
> I'd appreciate any feedback possible. I posted this to both midrange-l
> and midrange-nontech. I think the responses would be best on nontech,
> but for those who don't want to use the non tech list, a direct email
> would be great.

Hi Chris

I use NetShare400 < http://www.netshare400.com > which works fine with
Linux (from both home & work). If you haven't already got it, get the
tn5250 emulator from http://tn5250.sourceforge.net. 0.16.2 has just (this
week) been released which includes all the stable enhancements from the
0.17.x tree in cvs. Just get the source from the link on

Midrange.com also hosts the tn5250 mailing list and the archives.

Regards, Martin
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net
http://www.dbg400.net  DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities
Open Source test environment tools for the AS/400 / iSeries and
miscellaneous database & spooled file management commands.