Where is this VISUAL STUDIOS product downloaded from?

On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 9:37 AM Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is nothing _wrong_ with that.

But in reality the problem is that the "simple" programs that the cycle is
well suited for don't stay simple. They grow and can rapidly reach a point
where as much time can be spent fighting the cycle as exploiting it. The
simplified coding benefirts of the cycle can easily be replaced by
equivalent template programs which have the additional beneift of
standardization and being able to be maintained buy non-cycle programmers.

If you are in a one man shop then the "cycle where it fits" approach can
work well - BUT - most are not in that situation.

I would also add that one reason I would never use the cycle now is that
one of these days I'll retire/die/whatever and I like to think that my
masterpieces will live on and not be discarded as old-fashioned and
unmaintainable (however false that narrative may be).

Just my 5 cents worth.

Jon P.

On Mar 14, 2024, at 2:34 PM, James H. H. Lampert via MIDRANGE-L <