Thanks for the solution... that works great!
I actually thought about trying this, but I wasn't sure if I could pass one structure followed by a different structure.
(I typically use DATA-GEN with YAJLDTAGEN)

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 1:25 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CSVGEN?

This definitely belongs in the RPG forum.  It's a question about how to do something in RPG...

To add column headings, just write a record containing the column
headings...   Example follows:

**free
dcl-fPRODP disk;
dcl-dsprodrec likerec(PROD:*INPUT) inz;
dcl-dsheadings qualified;
col1  varchar(50) inz('Prod ID');
col2  varchar(50) inz('Product Name');
col3  varchar(50) inz('Description');
col4  varchar(50) inz('Price');
col5  varchar(50) inz('Image ID');
col6  varchar(50) inz('Stock Qty');
col7  varchar(50) inz('Cat1');
col8  varchar(50) inz('Cat2');
col9  varchar(50) inz('Cat3');
col10 varchar(50) inz('Spec');
end-ds;
setll*startPRODP;
readPRODP PRODREC;
data-gen *START %DATA( 'product list.csv':'doc=file')
                 %GEN('CSVGEN');
data-gen HEADINGS %DATA( 'product list.csv'
:'doc=file output=continue')
                  %GEN('CSVGEN');
downot%eof(PRODP);
data-gen PRODREC %DATA( 'product list.csv'
:'doc=file output=continue')
                    %GEN('CSVGEN');
readPRODP PRODREC;
enddo;
data-gen *END  %DATA( 'product list.csv':'doc=file')
                 %GEN('CSVGEN');
*inlr= *on;