Rich,
Is your custom command dependent on a library list? If so, check out:
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/639975?mhsrc=ibmsearch_a&mhq=runrmtcmd
Try it with a stock IBM command like, DSPJOB OUTPUT(*PRINT)

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 9:03 AM Rich Loeber <rich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, that is the case. I see no indication at the IBM i Knowledge Center
that indicates that this command should not be used or that it is going
away.

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rob
Berendt
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2024 8:45 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RUNRMTCMD Peer-To-Peer

Roger, I had the same issue with RUNRMTCMD going to a PC. However I think
Rich is using it from IBM i to IBM i.

On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 3:08 PM Roger Harman <roger.harman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

RUNRMTCMD was deprecated sometime in 2020 as I recall. rexec protocol
was/is not secure.

In 2021, we were updating some Windows servers and that broke RUNRMTCD
for us. That was the impetus needed to modernize.
Just before I retired at the end of 2021, I was in the process of
updating our numerous processes that were using it to use OpenSSH/SSHD
to invoke the remote jobs.

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power

https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.

questions.