The problem light is easy enough to turn off via SST, but the real issue as
I understand it with an expired UAK is that a new firmware level cannot be
loaded...

From: "Brad Stone" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01/22/2024 05:42 PM
Subject: Re: Power 8 EOS
Sent by: "MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok. I thought last time my UAK expired (because I couldn't get ahold of
anyone at IBM for 2 months to pay HWMA) something happened.. maybe an
attention light? I can't stand having those on. lol.

I'm sure the people at IBM I dealt with to purchase my Power 8 are no
longer around so I should probably think about trying to find someone new
there. joy.

I would go to the cloud but the quotes I get I can get my system paid for
in a year (dev discounts) with their costs. I just hope they have a
physically smaller system than my 41A.. lol It's a tank!

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 4:38 PM Jim Oberholtzer
<midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Yes but just because the UAK goes out it will not stop you from using
your
system, just no support.

HW maintenance can be contracted through non-IBM hardware maintenance
outfits if you wish. IBM will not provide HW support any longer,
including
software fixes.

Jim Oberholtzer
Agile Technology Architects