I stand corrected. It wasn't 1050 that was the issue. It was 1040. 1040
was a special STS or Short Term Solution. Avoid it and go to 1050 as a LTS.

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/7031014

says:

At the time of general availability, FW1040 is required to support the
NED24 NVMe Expansion Drawer. FW1040 is a limited, interim release, and is
different from IBM's normal releases in the following manner:
- Normal releases have service pack support for 2 years after the release.
However, FW1040 is only supported from GA until the next major FW version
becomes available.
- Only a single service pack for FW1040 is planned near the release of the
next major FW version.
- Clients who install FW1040 must perform a disruptive upgrade once the
next major FW version becomes available.
- IBM manufacturing installs FW1040 for customer orders with NED24 NVMe
Expansion Drawers included. However, FW1030 is installed for customer
orders without NED24 NVMe Expansion Drawers.
- IBM is not planning to release IBM i PTFs for FW1040. Support will
continue for the FW1030 stream ONLY until the next firmware release is
published.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2024 at 9:00 AM Rob Berendt <robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>