You could open a case.
Then again it might have an issue with *UPGRADE when that file says you're
already at that release.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 3:04 PM Monty G. James <monty.james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

The VFYIMGCLG is run on a V7R5M0 system.
Sorry I clipped the file in the original message but it is
/QLANGID/QV7R5M0 which I noted is actually on the image.

date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 14:00:03 -0500
from: Rob Berendt <robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Re: Image catalog and Distribution media verification
failure

What OS are you upgrading from?
If you are at 7.3 there is a ptf for this message.
In the "Cause" there is supposed to be a file named for parameter 2 in
Cause . . . . . : Required file &2 for the operating system was not found
What is the name of that file?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 1:21?PM Monty G. James <monty.james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Rob I think you missed the point/our wires are crossed, the image
catalog is loaded and works just fine.
Which is why I am able to see the contents via the ifs in '/qopt' and
verified the report missing file is actually there.
The image catalog works just fine and the upgrade performs just fine
using the media ha will not verify.

It just will not successfully perform a VFYIMGCLG IMGCLG(HLV7R5M0IN)
TYPE(*UPGRADE) and reports the CPD4F46 as mentioned in the original
message.

Thanks,
Monty

date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:48:34 -0500
from: Rob Berendt <robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Image catalog and Distribution media verification
failure

Does it show up in WRKIMGCLG?
Did you follow all the steps at

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ibm.com_docs_
en_i_7.5-3Ftopic-3Dcatalog-2Dpreparing-2Doptical-2Dimage-2Dinstall-2Ds
oftware&d=DwICAg&c=AY-yVZ-
DdqDeX_Emj_gQCkuxsL_QuG_4YQ-FxcTYVkY&r=3HmdsZESHvzaTBSHTdB6CStwTAVF1k
iyCWu3SC-2oh0&m=kUjiQwt05jVzdSCfMb9jCdi06IBZKQ5Bfa1dDb_yZ-uj54_TsA7->
OO0K6Spfff_O&s=4MBJVkf8vrsdoFf1AHApsh4okReNJaduoRxdtqCOQHY&e=
paying close attention to the big yellow box?

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 9:32?AM Monty G. James <
monty.james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

wrote:

I create and use distribution media for OS upgrades and installs
with great success.

I consistently have this issue:
When running verify media for a type of *UPGRADE I get the
following errors.

Message ID . . . . . . : CPD4F46

Message . . . . : Required file for the operating system not found.

Cause . . . . . : Required file for the operating system
was not found on any available media in image catalog HLV7R5M0IN.

My confusion is this with the first image loaded if I do this:
WRKLINK '/QOPT/I_BASE_01/QLANGID/*'

I see:

Directory . . . . : /QOPT/I_BASE_01/QLANGID

Type options, press Enter.
2=Edit 3=Copy 4=Remove 5=Display 7=Re
11=Change current directory ...

Opt Object link
Q_LVL00
Q_L2924
QV7R5M0
S_LVL00
S_L2924
SV7R5M0

It sure looks to me as if /QLANGID/QV7R5M0 is there.

I will say the media works just fine, I can IPL with it as well as
perform upgrades and installs.
I am hoping someone has an idea of why the media won't verify?

Thanks,
Monty

This email message, including any attachment(s) is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately
contact the sender by email.