Le 18/12/2023 à 14:08, Patrik Schindler a écrit :
I don't think this will happen, because that requires major rework of
system components. TCP/IP isn't a core component of SLIC but a
service/job which runs. Restricted mode means there is only an
inevitable minimum of jobs running to free resources and raise locks
from files so they can be accessed freely (backup/restore, etc).

Well, not exactly. Starting TCP/IP (with STRTCP command and all automatic starts set to *NO) and an interface is available when you run a 5250 console session in restricted state. However, none of the services can be started, as you noticed because they are provided through active jobs. For instance, when in restricted state, BRMS can start TCP/IP and an interface in order to check that shared and expired media are indeed expired when they belong to another system. You can also initiate an ftp client session while in restricted state. I don't remember trying it, but I would not be surprised if a telnet client session works as well.

However, I agree with you that for any server/service function, I am quite sure that IBM will not change the current behavior.