From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2023 11:31 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Authorize.net payment gateway

i think a bigger question (its not just the mechanics of the code) is if you are bringing credit card info onto the ibm i server then you may fall into the PCI Audit requirements which open up requirements for both your servers and the entire network it sits in...
We chose to have an external vendor who was already handling card traffic and was PCI compliant - we get a response back from the vendor and never touch the card info - they do..
Several software vendors may be pci compliant, but your the one that gets audited, and there is a requirement for the isolation of the card process from other servers/apps.
Jim Franz