I'm at V7R4 with fairly current PTF's and both of these work (also on my blog site front page)

SQL 1:
with ilevel (iversion, irelease) as (
select os_version, os_release
from sysibmadm.env_sys_info
)
select Row_Number() over (Order by ptf_group_level_available - ptf_group_level_installed desc, ptf_group_id) as "Row #", p.*
from ilevel, systools.group_ptf_currency p
where ptf_group_release = 'R' concat iversion concat irelease concat '0'
order by "Row #"
SQL 2:
Select Row_Number() over (ORDER BY PTF_GROUP_CURRENCY DESC, PTF_GROUP_ID ASC) as "Row #",
PTF_GROUP_CURRENCY, PTF_GROUP_ID,
PTF_GROUP_TITLE, PTF_GROUP_LEVEL_INSTALLED,
PTF_GROUP_LEVEL_AVAILABLE,PTF_GROUP_LAST_UPDATED_BY_IBM,
PTF_GROUP_RELEASE, PTF_GROUP_STATUS_ON_SYSTEM
From SYSTOOLS.GROUP_PTF_CURRENCY

Respectfully,
Michael Mayer
IBM i on Power System Admin
ERMCO-ECI
2225 Industrial Rd
Dyersburg, Tennessee 38024
Office and OnCall: 731.676.4318
Cell: 518.641.8906
Email: michael.mayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
https://www.ermco-eci.com/
IBM i Personal Blog: https://ibmireference.blogspot.com/
"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts".

message: 1
date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 09:35:59 -0400
from: Rob Berendt <robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Check PTFs currency (up-to-date-ness)

Joe,
Which one are you using from that example? There are two. You pasted both. The first one is the one having issues. The second one is working.

------------------------------

message: 2
date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 15:44:17 +0200
from: Gad Miron <gadmiron@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Check PTFs currency (up-to-date-ness)

Thanks Rob

You must carry some weight with IBM to get such a prompt reply. (-:

Gad

BTW
is it PTF currency or PTF currentness?

date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 09:05:13 -0400
from: Rob Berendt <robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Check PTFs currency (up-to-date-ness)

<IBM>
This is a known issue on the backend were the view goes to retrieve data.
We will let you know when IBM develop;ment lets us known the issue is
resolved.
</IBM>

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 08:54:36 -0500
from: DEnglander--- via MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: ACS Printing

Thank you Buck. Turns out the issue was that the PC needed to have a Restart. Once that was done, everything worked fine.

Doug

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) contain confidential information belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of the information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception of this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this transmission in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission."

message: 4
date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 13:58:59 +0000
from: "Sizer, Joseph via MIDRANGE-L" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Check PTFs currency (up-to-date-ness)

I used each one independently and both worked for me.