As of now the answer is "No" - you are not missing anything. Code for i does not lock the member.

Jon P.

On Oct 19, 2023, at 8:30 AM, Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Vern,

We have a situation now where a developer is using VS Code, but it doesn’t "lock" the source member as in use. I was able to open it in RDi, but then (thankfully) RDi says something like "the object on the source system has changed".

Is there a setting in VS Code we are missing?

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg via MIDRANGE-L
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 11:17 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: How to identify source members still "locked" open by SEU sessions whose interactive jobs were ended

Allow me to suggest a free alternative - VS Code for IBM i. You can go
to this -
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=HalcyonTechLtd.code-for-ibmi
and find links to tutorials and all.

Cheers
Vern

On 10/17/2023 9:05 PM, Gavin Inman wrote:
SEU still has it's place for smaller programs that only require a
quick edit.

and besides, some people don't want to incur the extra cost, and the
pain and suffering of passport Advantage to get RDI.

Gavin.