Hi Joseph --

My thought is that the most rational pattern for webifying IBM i is the
following:

- Consider IBM i as a 24x7, lights-out database with an OpenAPI/Swagger
REST API.
- Author the REST services in RPG and serve them up using IBM i IWS, or
IElastic, or Midrange Dynamics, or whatever.
- Put your web application on a Linux VM in your data center.
- Authorization for the web application is application-based and not
based on IBM user profiles.
- The REST side of things has its own auth module that assigns roles to
the application users.\
- Users don't visit the IBM i itself anymore, only admins and
programmers.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 7:49 AM Sizer, Joseph via MIDRANGE-L <