Was that a typo? Do you need the Save Upgrade Data or the "Backup HMC
data"?

On Thu, Sep 7, 2023 at 9:03 AM Yvan Janssens <friedkiwi@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's not obsolete, just different kinds of backups. A VM snapshot allows
you to easily revert from eg a failed upgrade, but if you lose the
ESX/vsphere host or data store due to it being infected with ransomware or
a catastrophic hardware failure, you need the 'Save Upgrade Data' to
restore a blank vHMC image.

It's still a good thing to do, because it adds layers to your DR
procedure, and allows you to recover from different kinds of incidents.

/y

On 07/09/2023, 13:42, "MIDRANGE-L on behalf of Rob Berendt" <
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of
robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:robertowenberendt@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I get that as part of upgrading or updating HMC code one should reboot
first and Save Upgrade Data. However with vHMC and the ability to take a
snapshot is "Backup HMC Data" prior to the upgrade obsolete?
at https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l <
https://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l>.

Please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto: