From: MIDRANGE-L <midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Richard Schoen
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2023 4:46 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: VS Code

You sound a bit like a grumpy grandpa.

Seems that they had passwords disabled.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

message: 1
date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:39:18 -0500
from: Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: VS Code

Hello,

Why is everyone who has responded to this seemly taking wild guesses as to what the problem is?? So you have this error message:

fatal: QsyGetProfileHandleNoPwd qsshd CPF22E3 [preauth] from QSECOFR

Firstly, look up RNF22E3...?? DSPMSGD can be used to see what it means.?
This would literally take you one second to do.

Secondly, you can look at the docs for QsyGetProfileHandleNoPwd API.

So far I've noted these wild guesses:

1) SSH is requiring a key rather than a password.? HUH?? Why on earth would that return a message from QsyGetProfileHandleNoPwd -- this routine has nothing whatsoever to do with SSH keys.? So this guess doesn't fit the symptoms.

2) 10 character passwords.? Errr... forgive me, but... why would the "No password" version of the API care how many characters are in a password?

Look up CPF22E3, see what it means, look around at the relevant user profiles on your system... an educated guess based on knowledge is almost always more useful than taking wild guesses at random!