You might look at this API. I used to use it to log IP addresses of the workstations. It appears the system IP interface is in the returned info as well.

Retrieve Device Description (QDCRDEVD) API

pgm

dcl &rtninfo *char 2048
dcl &devd *char 10
dcl &err *char 16

rtvjoba job(&devd)

call qdcrdevd parm(&rtninfo +
x'00000800' +
'DEVD0600' +
&devd +
&err)

dmpclpgm

endpgm

Roger Harman
COMMON Certified Application Developer - ILE RPG on IBM i on Power