We had a routine to decrypt files using gpg in batch mode from a CL pgm using QP2BATCH and it worked perfectly for a year.

Our partner required that we upgrade gpg to version 4 so we did that using the new repository system with ACS.

We recreated our key for another year and now we can't decrypt in batch mode from a CL pgm.

We can use putty to decrypt manually using the same exact gpg command:

gpg --output /in/extract_8.txt --batch --passphrase-file pfil.txt --decrypt /in/extract_8.txt.pgp

In the putty case the first time it prompts for the passphrase and then subsequent decrypts work without reentering the passphrase.

It feels like it cannot accept the passphrase in the file.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jerry

Here is the std out:

gpg (GnuPG) 2.2.19
libgcrypt 1.8.5
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

Home: /home/P330/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, ELG, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, EDDSA
Cipher: IDEA, 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH,
        CAMELLIA128, CAMELLIA192, CAMELLIA256
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2

gpg --output /in/extract_8.txt --batch --passphrase-file pfil.txt --decrypt /in/extract_8.txt.pgp

gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit RSA key, ID 867AD61CCB3A980B, created 2023-07-19
      "USA <admin@xxxxxxx>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: Not a typewriter
gpg: decryption failed: No secret key