Just a caution - it is not wise to use documentation for a different SQL RDBMS to see what we can do on the i. z is at least in the Db2 family, and IBM do try to make those align. You should have been able to find the IBM i documentation for MERGE. I recommend finding the Knowledge Center for IBM i for your version of it.

And googling on "merge sql ibm i" brought me to several hits right away for IBM i. Maybe Google knows what I usually do!  :)

Cheers
Vern