I had someone reply offlist. He's having issues replying onlist. Basically he was saying:
"Since we are still running Domino 9.0.1FP2 we are still running IBM i 7.2 on a 9009-42A. We are trying to upgrade but want to ensure that we maintain compatibility with Domino. Domino has many customizations. We also plan on upgrading HMC code on our 7063-CR1 and firmware.
Does this statement of direction about the disabling, and later removal, of heritage web navigator apply to 7.2 also?"

I'd like to reply in parts.
Part one: Does this statement of direction about the disabling, and later removal, of heritage web navigator apply to 7.2 also?

I did some searching and, rather to my surprise, IBM is still coming out with group PTF's for 7.2. In fact, when they issued a group ptf for 7.4 and 7.3 for http on 2021-12-29 for the log4j issue they also issued one for 7.2.
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/ibm-i-group-ptfs-level

However I do not believe they are removing the heritage Navigator for 7.2.
One: While 7.2 is mentioned multiple times in the announcement it is not listed in the Statement of Direction (B).
Two: I do not think they are even coming out with the new Navigator for 7.2: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6483299 But you're welcome to check if the 2002/Navigator url works for you at 7.2 after applying the latest group ptf's for http as directed.

Again I am but a mere customer of IBM's and do not speak for them.