Holger, Gerald,

What IBM was probably wanting to explain was that the FSFC (if it is part
of the Toolkit from LabServices like I think it is) does the following
without human intervention:
1. Create a Flashcopy of the LPAR
2. Create an LPAR with a set of defined resources (for example, the cards
or vFCs required for tape access)
3. IPL that LPAR and make the backup
4. Shutdown the LPAR and delete everything

If they aren't talking about the Toolkit (which, IIRC becomes expensive if
you don't use PowerHA since it requires it) then I am not sure what product
they refer to, but the idea remains the same.
You can also do it manually if you want. Just have an LPAR created and
mapped to the flashcopy target, just make sure to halt the flashcopy before
IPL, backup and finally shutdown the LPAR.

SAN Storage makes your life a lot easier.

Roberto