One example of next step after TUI is the ability in the HMC web interface to add a network to a partition. You select the partition, then select the network (VLAN) to add and the HMC creates the correct components even picking a virtual slot for that. Of course not perfectly complete because for example it doesn't handle the O/S side at all. However, you don't have to fill out any form just select from lists.

The TUI is simply more usable for those who like to mouse. Often the tab key works OK to navigate that 'fillable form' but sometimes navigating that way is horrible (see: Most MS windows interfaces!)

The TUI lets you make a mess with the click of a mouse vs the pressing of ENTER. :-)

- DrF