Am 23.03.2020 um 15:17 schrieb midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

It's most likely NOT a bug with IBM i . Re-read Larry's response, then read it again.

I did and I'm still staying to "I consider the I/O Handling of IBM i in a secondary LPAR as a bug." Adding multiple controllers and virtual disks because of lack of I/O Queue depth and maybe more issues means a lot of unnecessary complexity to the admin and also a lot of wasted CPU/IOP cycles because data is being double-handled.

As Larry pointed out: at least six disk units (virtual or real), all the
same size, then "add and balance", "add and balance"........

Now go read Larry's note again.

Jim, I can read myself. You don't need to push me like that. I was in error and I admitted it. What else, now?

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc