I think the DSPFFD is too long to post completely. 64 columns. Both
tables have the same number of columns. The same record length. But
columns are not in the same sequence in the buffer.

here is the AUTOSEND846 column in the from table:
AUTOS00001 CHAR 1 1 716 Both AUTOSEND846

Alternative name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AUTOSEND846

Default value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 'N'

Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37

and the to table:
AUTOS00001 CHAR 1 1 685 Both AUTOSEND846
Alternative name . . . . . . . . . . . . : AUTOSEND846

Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37

notice the columns are identical. But their positions in the buffer are
different. The to table is pos 685. The from table is at pos 716.
( this is because I have been adding columns over time. But sometimes I
might not add them to both tables in the same sequence. )

interesting to note that in pos 685 of the from table is a 10 character
field. And the SQL insert error message says I am copying from length of
10 to length of 1.

Data Field Buffer Buffer Field Column
Field Type Length Length Position Usage Heading
PATHNAMING CHAR 10 10 685 Both PATHNAMING
Default value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : None
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37