Exactly.  I didn't say it directly but I am a tad leery of a request that asks for a "modern programmer" and provides no commentary to show what it is they are talking about.  It really sounds like a fishing expedition on their part.  A few well-worded questions will go a long ways to demonstrate your own knowledge while at the same time nailing down what it is they're looking for.