I do see words like "...The Telnet Server used the TCP/IP Attributes for
receive buffer which was increased by default in r7.2 IBM i OS...." when
looking selecting the Telnet topic for 7.2 at
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1021480
Check the PTFs mentioned for all of telnet for 7.2

Hopefully they are current with PTF's. However there's always that shop
that puts on an old GA spin of the OS they had sitting on a shelf for
years, and, fails to put on any RECENT cume or groups.
Have them do the following and send them to you:
DSPPTF OUTPUT(*PRINT)
WRKPTFGRP, F6=Print

If I do a Communication, Disconnect, in my 5250 session DSPLOG will show
messages like
Session to device ROBS1 ended normally.
Session stopped by a request from device ROBS1.
Job 070914/ROB/ROBS1 ended on 11/27/17 at 11:51:06

CPF590A, CPF5140, CPF1164 end code 30
Haven't tried yanking the wire.