On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Smith, Mike
<Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi John,
Yes I tried Mark's suggestion, I could make them concatenate, but would lose the Carriage return when the file merged.

Very frustrating, but I still have to believe cat can be made to work somehow.

You said that when you did this:

cat /pdfflr/pattycsv.csv /pdfflr/pattycsv5.csv > /pdfflr/pattynew.csv

the resulting file was CCSID 37. This is what I have noticed on my
system as well.

However, I was able to get the desired result by using either CPY
afterwards (as you said you tried originally) or touch -C beforehand
(with the exact same cat command as above). In either case, the final
CCSID is correct and I have all my line breaks. So I am very confident
it can be done, and done easily with no additional "programming" to
speak of.

What CCSID are pattycsv.csv and pattycsv5.csv? Are you using a
one-byte line break or two-byte? What was the exact CPY command you
tried?

John