We just upgraded our test system last weekend. You MUST read the v7r2 -and- v7r3 Memos to Users!

-- You have to allocate more space for the operating system; you set a value and the system does it during an IPL.

-- apply current PTFs *PERM so you don't end up with orphaned pieces of old PTFs. Zombies?

-- Websphere must be at 8.5.5.10; previous versions won't work.

-- If you upgrade WebSphere before you go to v7r3 there are special instructions in the v7r3 Memo that you -=must=- follow after the OS upgrade!!
If you don't, it won't work. Ask me how I know! And even after I highlighted that section!

-- Don't forget to re-customize any of IBM's commands you've tweaked

-- the memo lists program products that have been dropped at v7r2; check your list! As long as you have the replacements you can delete the old ones.
-- we finally got rid of the last pieces of OfficeVision...

-- If you install using an Image Catalog you must have the cumulative PTFs in the same Image Catalog as the OS; the "validate" function checks!
-- The cume we used had no PTFs In Error (hooray! No extra typing!)
-- We added hipers and groups just for fun

We had the luxury of a test test system to try it out on. The most painful part was upgrading WebSphere from V7 something.
We've been up in our test environment for 5 days; so far, so good.

Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message, and where applicable, any attached document, is intended solely and exclusively to the addressee or addressees indicated on it and may contain information of a confidential nature. Should you receive this message by mistake, please notify the sender and delete this message, without using, storing, divulging or copying its content.