On 06-Sep-2016 11:24 -0500, Monty G. James wrote:
Ok on occasion I used to use Management Central create Product
Definitions to package software for distribution.

Does ACS have a replacement for this operation or I am left with
using APIs for this once I move to a platform/release that System i
Navigator is no longer supported on?

Perhaps per being unfamiliar with what additional the iNav provided, I can not imagine much use for a GUI to do what seems like a task that might best be scripted to allow for release modifications. The Create Product Definition (CRTPRDDFN) and some other /product/ related object _create_ capabilities had shipped with what was once called the System Manager [SM1] LPP; later called IBM System Manager for i5/OS and now I believe is called System Manager for i. There were likely other commands for others of the Software Management APIs than just /create/ features.? IIRC also there was a /sibling/ product, that provided the /central management/ system support; a quick look yielded a name IBM Managed System Services for i5/OS.

The IBM i 7.2 link to the Software Product APIs offers a link to the same V5 SC41-5321-02 [System Manager Use](http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v6r1m0/topic/rzam8/sc415321.pdf) that previous releases had. A quick glance there shows numerous commands noted to be just the "Commands shipped with public authority *Exclude", so seems there may be many APIs covered with *CMD equivalents.?